Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Can''t seem to see answers to old forum questions..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taradom
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - July 29 2011 :  01:53:27  Show Profile  Visit taradom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do I see the answers to forum questions???

I'm looking for the same answers as Username riprod from Dec 19, 2010 where he asks: "2. I want to edit the home page text but everytime I update it gives an error "Content Category ID is a required field." and does not update. Any ideas ?"

But absolutely no idea how I can follow the thread to see how that question was answered... Baffled...

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - July 29 2011 :  02:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that particular user managed to solve that issue himself without vpasp's reply.

Anyway, open admin->store->page manager

Right above the add record link, you should see numerous tabs and one of them is 'content categories'. Click this button.

Next page, click the "Add a record" to add a new content category. I usually just add a generic category called "MyContent" to hold all of my content/pages. Enter 'MyContent' to ncatdescription field and then continue.

Then when you are adding an actual content or new page, just make sure the "categories" is set to the one above.
Go to Top of Page

smelly_cat
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - July 29 2011 :  23:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had an issue like this with IE were it wouldnt update unless you use compatibility view. try firefox just to see if that is the same issue. it worked fine for me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00