Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Migrating to new server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jloberg1
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - July 10 2011 :  12:08:29  Show Profile  Visit jloberg1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I switched from a Windows 2003 Server to a Windows 2008 Server using VPASP 7.0.

I have two sites that run VPASP and I am having the same problem on both.

The site comes up, but I can not log in to the admin page. I restored some of the install files and checked the permissions for the db and files and they pass.

I have Parent Paths turned on, I has tried ASP.Net V2 both integrated and classic and V4 both integrated and classic.

At some point I was able to get the log in, but now I can't. Either way, the result is 500 - Internal Server Error.

I REALLY need to get these sites working on the Server 2008 (IIS Express 7.5) so I can power down the old Server 2003. Right now I have the sites still pointing to the old server, but if needed, I can probably make one of them available for testing.

Thanks!!

Jerry
Photo-Crystal.com • PromoShowcase.com

jloberg1
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - July 10 2011 :  13:37:36  Show Profile  Visit jloberg1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On additional bit of information, I turned on the Error reporting to the browser and after I attempt to login, I get the following:
error opening database : Open Messages
Disk or network error.

But the reset of the site is working fine!! I have full access for the IIS_User account to the database.

Jerry
Go to Top of Page

jloberg1
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - July 13 2011 :  09:11:37  Show Profile  Visit jloberg1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After excessive digging (And trying to install a new version of VPASP to experiment with), the install says for 64 bit machines you should not use Access.

So now I am off to hunt for a Access to MySQL tool. I am a couple months out of my support agreement so I can't download the tool Cam created. And right now I can't afford a renewal. :(

Jerry

Edited by - jloberg1 on July 13 2011 09:12:53
Go to Top of Page

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - July 13 2011 :  10:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Windows 2003, you can set IIS to run in 32 bit and thus can use access :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/13f991a5-45eb-496c-8618-2179c3753bb0.mspx?mfr=true

I'm not sure if the same command can be used on Windows 2008 though.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 14 2011 :  03:03:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

If you would like to just purchase the required module without doing a full license extension you can do by going to:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopexd.asp?id=136

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000