Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Free tab in shopexd.asp?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zhmic31
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - April 08 2011 :  09:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Section 7.2.2.8 of the user manual makes reference to a free tab that can be customized in shopexd.asp. It even has a screen shot of the two fields labelled as tab text caption and tab text description, which are exactly what I need.

When I go into the product description page within the admin in 7.0, these fields do not appear. Am I missing something, or is this an error in the user manual? If an error in the manual, anyone have any ideas how one may be able to add an individual tab to this page?

Thanks.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 09 2011 :  01:21:28  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's on the earlier versions of vpaspv7, I think it's only in the later versions, possibly SP1 onwards.

However, it only allows a single customized tab for the product, and doesn't seem to use the html-editor for its details.

What you might prefer is this:
BYZ166 - Customized Tabs for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=367&opu=n

It allows you to do exactly what you're trying to achieve, with the extra benefits that you can add as many different tabs as you want on any product, and you can use the html-editor to enter the details to show on each tab.

With that addon, on the edit-product screen, you click the "view/edit tabs" link (under the long product description) and that gives you a popup which lets you enter any tab labels/html-blocks you want for that product, and you can put them in whatever sequence you like.

It also has the extra ability to create other ("functional") tabs if you want, for example, say you want to use existing data and do something like "show an "ingredients" tab displaying the pother3 value for the current product, but only if pother3 is not null for the current product".

That addon also has the ability to cope with multiple languages (ie if your site uses more than one language, then you can specify the language on the tab label/html block, so you can have a different tab label/content for different languages, a bit like how the "translate" tables work).

Those "functional" tabs can be useful, but it's more the per-product tabs that I think you'd use it for. But at least you know it has the ability to do both "functional" and "per-product manually entered html-block" tabs.

It's also got one of the shortest/simplest set of installation steps out of all our addons, so it's a nice easy one to install.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on April 09 2011 01:27:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly