Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Advanced Categories & Queries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

e_webdesign
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 25 2003 :  02:19:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ,
I need assistance implementing advanced queries. I am experiences in html, sql and ASP. I need to speak to on the phone or a chat program and if neither possible via email on how to implement advanced queries and categories.
Please read example below. Hope its not to cryptic:

I need to emplement categories like the following:

Level 1 Category: Car Manufacturers *Examples Honda & Mercedes
Level 2 Category: Models * Examples Accord, Civic
Level 3 Category: Year of Car *Examples 1998, 1999, 2000
Level 4 Category: Product Categories *Examples Engine Parts, Lighting,
Level 5 Category: Products * Examples Bulbs, Intakes, Exhaust

I was able to make categories but the thing is I need to be able to be able to specify that Product Categories like Engine and lighting parts need to be sub categies of all years. And I need to be able to specify a query similar to the one I provide below and get the correct info.

Select * from products where Models = civic and year = 1999 and sproduct categories = lighting;

I understand that above is not exact SQL but I am just trying to help make you undertand what I need. And since I am adding about 3000 products I need to make sure the categories work well and when specified to a category it is only in there and can be pulled via query.

Ineed immediate assistance. Any and all help will be appreciated. Have a pleasant day. I have purchased the full version and am planning to buy more licenses if I can get this working effiently. Thanks again. A promt reply will be appreciated.

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 20 2004 :  07:35:17  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there..
Still if you are interested or someone else interested, let me know I have done same knod of a project for a client. I can help you out.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00