Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Mysql on version 5.5?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 02 2011 :  10:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm upgrading to v7.0 but in the meantime, ms access keeps locking up on the version of 5.5 that we are currently running. I've been asked to switch from access to mysql in the 5.5 version while waiting for the v7.0 to be done it's customization.

Is version 5.5 built to use mysql 5? Just worried about whether the queries will work.

Thanks

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 03 2011 :  00:17:58  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

This is a tough one as it has never been tested.

My only suggestion is that you try and see if it does work.

It "should" work as we all we do is access the database. we do not use any stored procedures by default but you will not know for sure until you test.

There may need to be connection string changes made is the main issue you might face.

The latest version of VPASP connects without issue so if you have a copy of this you can have a look at the connection strings in the shop$db.asp file.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 03 2011 :  15:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam,

For the most part everything was successful.
I did have a 'conn' error for a brief moment but that was resolved with an odbc connection.

There wasn't anything that needed to be changed in any of the other files.

I used bullzip to convert from access to mysql (because of some custom stuff they have on their site)

All the data was successfully transferred but I believe bullzip didnt properly select the right field types for some of the fields. I am getting type mismatch errors. Mainly with fields involving pricing: cprice etc. (but I changed the data type and it resolved that particular issue.)

But I do keep running into more type mismatches. For example, admin can log in but if they look at orders, they will get a type mismatch from shopa_displayorders.asp on line 219 but I still haven't managed to figure out which field is mismatched.

Is there any documentation on the mysql version of the database structure that lists the data types?

If not, I can keep experimenting. But so far that seems to be the only issue.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 03 2011 :  22:14:03  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately we do not have a list of the fields and their data types.

What you can do is download the free version of 7.00 and have a look at the MYSQL creation scripts as this may assist.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)