Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Digital Download issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - February 19 2011 :  01:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have just finished setting-up my shop to process digital downloads and it worked on my first try. I owe a lot of gratitude to TheParsons for this step by step process they put together. http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13261&SearchTerms=Downloads. It probably saved me countless hours because the VPASP manual wasn’t too helpful.

1) The only problem I am having is that the customer is not getting an email for their order. I've checked the email I used for the customer during registration and it looks fine. I'm curious if anyone knows what could be causing this? I'm using PayPal Payment Standard as a payment processor. I should mention that the merchant did receive their copy of the order.

What I was hoping to accomplish is implement the "Secure hyperlink in invoice email". However, I am confused if I should have turned on Xdownloads, which is described in the VPASP manual under "7.6.3. Secure hyperlink" and at the same time turn on Xdownloadsemail, that was put as a requirement in page "7.6.6. Secure hyperlink in invoice email".

2) In addition, is it customary to have more than one method of download available for a customer in a shop – e.g. “Attachments” and “Downloads”, or is it best to stick with one? Are the attachments secure?

3) Also, how do I change the order date in the download page so that instead of appearing like this (18/2/2011), it appears like that (2/18/2011)?

4) Finally, how can I turn-off "Affiliate" link from appearing in the customer service page?

I will appreciate any assistance from anyone.

Thank you

JohnCT

Edited by - JohnCT on February 20 2011 01:02:27
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00