Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Showing product price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - February 07 2011 :  11:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Am having a problem showing the product price on my extended description page using tmp-product.htm which links to shopexd.asp, on the htm page is a list of items to be shown:
[ADD_FORMSTART][ADD_PRODUCTFEATURES]
[ADD_QUANTITY][ADD_PRODUCT][ADD_ORDERBUTTON][ADD_FORMEND]

If I try and add [ADD_CPRICE] an error shows on the webpage saying that this cannot be found in database.
At present all my prices on this page are part of the features list as I have a lot of different features for each product but am now trying to change the layout to show the main product price with a selection list for each type these have the same price. And then upgrade options which I want to select on a percentage of main price. Also how do I get the price to rollup when an upgrade is selected from the other feature menus which have added price tags.
I have single page with product that shows the price of the item but has no features menu shopdisplayproducts.asp which works fine.
Can anybody help

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 08 2011 :  03:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
[getlang langproductprice]: [FORMATCUSTOMERPRICE cprice] is the code to add the product price to the template.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - February 08 2011 :  11:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Carrol it is displaying now I just need to play with the layout to get it in the right position, can I assume that if I want the Product Configurator to work I need to put the relevant code in same file with the catalogid=6 or the relevant number for that item to make the Price totalise as features are selected.

Regards

Bob
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 09 2011 :  04:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

it's really hard to visualise what you're trying to achieve with the features prices etc. Any chance you could give us a screen shot of what you want to do?

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - February 09 2011 :  05:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol
I am sending a link to a website in the USA which sells the same products as I do in the UK. If you click on the features dropdown list and select a different shaft the price automatically updates itself before you send it to the shopping cart, this site is using PHP so am not sure if this can be replicated in ASP.

http://www.bang-golf-clubs.com/proddetail.php?prod=bang-springface-blue

Regards

Bob
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 11 2011 :  03:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

that is a really good way of displaying added features but unfortunately you would need custom coding to replicate this with the VP-ASP cart. If only I had a little more free time at the moment I would have a go at trying to set this up on our test site, but I'm snowed under with catalogue design work for the next couple of weeks.

Regards,

Carrol

ok I took 15 mins time out because I was intrigued to see how this could be done - and it's really complicated. All the features and options are processed when you add the product to the cart. To process them on the product page and display the price change dynamically would involve radically changing a few of the fundamental routines of this cart - not a good idea in my opinion.

Edited by - carfin on February 11 2011 04:23:05
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - February 11 2011 :  04:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Thanks for the feedback pitty it is difficult to do but it was worth a try, will have to continue to add feature prices the way I do it now..

Regards
Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00