Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How to Remove Order Comments and Special Requests?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 26 2011 :  08:29:19  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm setting up a new cart with VP-ASP, but I've had this before on other carts. I typically miss the comments on the packing list and it seems all people ever post is "Ship ASAP! Call me! Will this arrive tomorrow?"

I'd like to remove it completely from the checkout process. I found an old post from 2008...

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11586&SearchTerms=order+comments

...which points to the code in shopformatorder.asp, and I've commented out lines 467-470, however it still publishes this section.

What else do I need to change?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 27 2011 :  03:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
open shopcustomer.asp and find Sub DisplayForm() (line 135 approx)

comment out these 4 lines:
shopwriteheaderpic getlang("langCreate06"),"images/icons/note.gif"
Response.write "<div class=""std_table ac"">"
Response.write "<textarea rows=""3"" name=""shipcomment"" cols=""50"" class=""txtfield"">" & strshipcomment & "</textarea>"
Response.Write "</div>"

This should stop the comments text area appearing.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 31 2011 :  15:51:52  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carrol! That's just what I needed.

Just FYI for future readers...I found the code in shopcustomerdesign.asp not shopcustomer.asp.
Go to Top of Page

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 31 2011 :  16:10:46  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a little more info...the first time I broke it and my right column stopped floating. I had to comment out the following lines from version 7 shopcustomerdesign.asp to make it work just right:

'ShopWriteHeaderBox GetLang("langCreate06")
'htmlwrite "<fieldset class=""ac"">"
'HtmlWrite "<textarea rows=""3"" name=""shipcomment"" cols=""50"" class=""txtfield"">" & strshipcomment & "</textarea>"
'HtmlWrite "</fieldset>"
'ShopWriteFooterBox "yes"
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 01 2011 :  04:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you got the changes done.
I'd like to get my hands on v7.0 but our company can't really justify the upgrade at the moment

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00