Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 VP-ASP Security Team Scam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 21 2003 :  15:27:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some hacker is sending emails from this domain vpaspupgrades.com as the VP-ASP security Team.

This is NOT us. It is a hoax and a scam.

DO NOT go to this site. Do not download any files from this site.
They seem to be in Honolulu. Any help in stopping them would be appreciated.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - March 22 2003 :  03:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The website is registered to David McCoy, 1417 Laukahi Street, Honolulu 96821. Just registered March 13, 2003. Email [email protected]. IP address 209.217.36.7
Send complaint to http://www.catalog.com

Go to Top of Page

midobu
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - March 25 2003 :  13:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is illegal, shouldn’t be able to pressure the ISP to shut the site down?

Go to Top of Page

wcooper3
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - March 27 2003 :  08:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you won't get anywhere with catalog.com. They suck! I had a guy copy my site (except for the VPASP portion) and changed one letter in the name of my "company". I emailed him and tried to call him and got no where.

Another board told me to take it up with the hosting company. It was catalog.com. After a number of phone calls getting rerouted to voice mails (average on hold time 50+ minutes) and several undeliverable emails, I had a friend, who is an attorney, send him a very well written email and letter.

The site was down a week later.

Go to Top of Page

Martyn
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - April 22 2003 :  06:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well you won't get anywhere with catalog.com. They suck! I had a guy copy my site (except for the VPASP portion) and changed one letter in the name of my "company". I emailed him and tried to call him and got no where.

Another board told me to take it up with the hosting company. It was catalog.com. After a number of phone calls getting rerouted to voice mails (average on hold time 50+ minutes) and several undeliverable emails, I had a friend, who is an attorney, send him a very well written email and letter.

The site was down a week later.

May be worth contacting Sprint, my traceroute shows catalog.com are connected by Sprint. Big companies like Sprint are well aware of their duties under copyright/intellectual property law.

Try [email protected], or if that doesn't work, [email protected]. Give them as much background info, and offer to make a sworn statement with signature by fax.

Go to Top of Page

olddog
Starting Member

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  18:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Superal. How can you find out about all these details? Especially IP address. And then how do you know where to make your complaines?

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - May 14 2003 :  01:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used Visual Route.

Go to Top of Page

druen
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 14 2003 :  12:40:08  Show Profile  Visit druen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why Visual Route instead of Smart Whois by Tamosoft?

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - May 15 2003 :  10:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Either one works great but the answer is because I have Visual Route.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00