Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Alternative Header/Footer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bengreen1980
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - January 17 2011 :  09:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I am struggling to archive something, and I have read the manual again! When the users browses into certain categories I wish to use different header/footer template files.

I remember reading about this before but now I cant find the post. I can see how to use different product format templates etc, but its the header and footer I need to change from category to category.

Just coming to the close of a project so this is pretty urgent, any response greatly appreciated.

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - January 18 2011 :  07:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have this, but it was custom work done for us by the guys at VP.

We have 20 different right menus and 12 different left menus, the system takes a value from the database and selects the corresponding menu. It also works in the expanded view of the product as well.

But if you didn't want a complex solution then you could do a basic select or if statement when theheader is called in the shopcategories page.

So you take the category id value and if it is say 123 then show this shoppage header, if it is 124 then show another header.

You could do the same with the footer.

Not as elegant or expandable as our current system but definitely workable as an easy solution.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00