Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 field not in database v6.50
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sevo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - December 23 2010 :  06:56:53  Show Profile  Visit sevo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Ok I'm not really a techie, so this question may have a simple answer, but it's driving me up the wall.

I am using VP-ASP v6.50 and often, when I input a product's long description, when viewed on the site it will say something like 'field gte not in database $' or perhaps 'field !vml not in database $' or even 'field a not in database $'.

I'm sure it's something silly that I'm doing, but I'm also convinced it must have something to do with the characters on the description. I have previously played around with characters like replacing all parenthesis etc and have found that on occasion this has worked as if by a miracle, but more often than not it will not and the error may just change from one to another...

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
-Sevo

P.S Sorry if this post is not in the right category.

Edited by - sevo on December 23 2010 06:57:50

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 23 2010 :  09:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

check your descriptions for these [ ] brackets. When the product templates are processed, anything in between this type of bracket will be assumed to be a field name in the product table, so it throws up the errors you listed because the fields cannot be found. If possible, try to use ( ) brackets instead.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

sevo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - December 27 2010 :  12:10:49  Show Profile  Visit sevo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Funnily enough that has worked for me in the past. I previously thought that the square brackets [] were the only cause of this problem. But recently I've been getting the errors on descriptions that have none of those brackets in them. I've tried to change some of the other characters to see if it makes a difference, but so far nothing. Many of the descriptions are copy pasted from websites into Microsoft Word, and then into VP-ASP. Don't know if that could have anything to do with it.

Do you know of any other characters or anything else that also causes this error?

Thanks a million

-Sevo
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 05 2011 :  06:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delay in replying - holidays etc.

The pasting into Word and then VP-ASP could be causing the problems. Try pasting into Notepad or an html editor instead

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00