Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Universal Discount Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - November 26 2010 :  22:08:52  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After applying the SP1 upgrade to my V7 site, I am finding a weird glitch that I can't undo.

I use quantity discounts for discounting individual products. I also use Group Discounts so that groups of items can have a discount applied across them.

This has always worked fine and still does.

What I am finding now is that for some reason, items where I do NOT have an individual or Group discount assigned are somehow triggering the Universal Discount so that whea quantity of 50 is reached in my cart, everything in the cart reduces by $0.10 and when a qty of 100 is reached in the cart, everything reduces by $0.20.

I see where the setup for Universal Discounts is listed in the manual. It involves the xProductGroupDiscount set to YES which I already have for Group discounts to work, but the rest of the instructions for setting up a Universal Dsicount I do NOT have set up and have checked this in my quantitydiscounts table multiple times. Somehow this is still applying.

Have a support ticket in but probably won't hear until Monday from them so thought I'd put it out here just in case.

Thanks,
Chris Stubbs
www.redco.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 27 2010 :  03:47:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Chris,

Our support staff has replied you on your ticket and provided solution.

It is to uncomment the line 'if salescode = "" then exit sub in the file shopuserprice.asp.

Have a good weekend.

VPASP ADMIN
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - November 27 2010 :  09:17:17  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I got this email to my support ticket, but this actually caused a bigger problem. Even though this DID fix the problem with non-quantity discount items getting a Universal Discount applied, it caused all the products using Group Discounts to not work.

Anytime someone purchases an item that is part of a group discount, once they reach a discount quantity and hit the ORDER or RECALCULATE button, the screen shows nothing but a piece of text showing the discount amount and nothing else.

I've sent this updated problem to the helpdesk, but have had to temporarily shut off my Group Discount on my site as it does not allow for any purchases of Group Discount items.

Thanks,
Chris
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - November 27 2010 :  21:09:46  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I solved the error I was now getting.

Also in shopuserprice.asp, lines 95 and 96 needed to be commented out as so:

'response.write "discount = " & discount
' response.End

This got rid of the error when Group Discounts is used the was only showing "discount = $x.xx" when a group Discount quantity was reached. All Group iscount pricing seems to function and display properly now.

All using the SP1 upgraded shopuserprice.asp file and Group Discounts should make sure to apply this and the earlier mentioned code changes to make things work properly.

Chris Stubbs
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00