Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Display By Manufacturer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lcaseydc
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - March 19 2003 :  00:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be awesome to display products by nmanufacturer as well as category...!!!

Almost all eccommerce sites now operate with this functionality...

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - March 19 2003 :  03:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do this by adding mfg to xsearchfield. Search for manufacturer or put hyperlinks on the page such as Sony which would be
<a href="shopquery.asp?mfg=sony">Sony stuff</a>
See section 3.6 of the developers guide and particularly 3.6.2 Using a form

Go to Top of Page

lcaseydc
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - March 19 2003 :  22:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree you can search by manufacture but I am talking about letting the customer Browse by manufacturer.

Just like the categories are displayed automatically so should the capability of displaying by manufacturer.

shopdisplay_manufacturer.asp or something

Go to Top of Page

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - February 20 2004 :  20:20:50  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi there..
If anyone interested in this peice of code, display by manufacture, dropdown from products table, mfg field and displaying products accordingly, please email me at [email protected]
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate replies under this category "Suggestions for Future Release" to be free of commercial offering/services which should be placed under "Offering Services" instead.

Sincerely,
Patrick Ong

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 20 2004 :  20:58:11  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
patrickong,
That was NOT a free of commercial offering/services neither I sell/offer anything. I answered to a questions which was posted under the sugestions for future release. The reason behind was, when I need something like that, I searched and got this post. So I thought it may be useful for people in the future when they look for.
The whole point of the forum is to help each other rather rule each other, besides there is no rule writen down in the forum!
Any way, I posted the solution to the original post in
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2410
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]

Edited by - siraj on February 21 2004 11:56:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000