Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Need help moving breadcrumbs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - November 16 2010 :  21:24:52  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
***UPADTE***
So this post is getting no reply, and I know someone out there knows what I'm talking about.

I want to move the breadcrumbs from their current location to the exact location of "Welcome, Guest (Login)" in the <%welcomeboxstrech%> Header Sub Containter. I've turned off the login using the layout manager.

In terms of css, it's moving breadcrumbs from #main>.breadcrumbs to .utility-bar. The reason is because I have a 40px gap directly below my horizontal nav where the search box is floating right. I want the breadcrumbs to float left in the same div, so that it doesn't offset/mis-align the headers in my center & right columns (I'm using a 2-column layout with a right hand side-bar).

The breadcrumbs are coded in shopcontent.asp lines 91-95.
The <%welcomeboxstretch%> is coded in shoplayoutmgrwelcomeboxstretch.asp.

Could someone with asp knowledge tell me what I need to cut and paste to get the breadcrumbs to run?

Thank.

I'm using the default template, and I have the search box enabled in the Header Sub Container, but have turned off the Welcome Section because that is where i would like to place the breadcrumbs. VP-ASP puts the breadcrumbs in a unique div (#breadcrumbs) in the #main conatiner, which offsets the first header of the main section, so that it is misaligned with the first header in the side columns.

I would like to move the #breadcrumbs containter to float:left inside the .utility-bar container.

I can't find the code for this. It is not in my shoppage_header.htm. Where is the code that tells vp-asp to format the breadcrumbs? i think if I know that I could get it to work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited by - mrmcgroovy on November 22 2010 05:33:22

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 23 2010 :  04:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I didn't reply to this sooner because I'm not using v7.0 yet (and I've really busy at work), but I would assume that the basic logic for the breadcrumbs display remains the same. Each time a page is loaded it will format the breadcrumbs if set to Yes, so it's not just shopcontent.asp that formats it. It's more or less created in every product, category, content and order page which displays within the #main container. I'm not 100% sure, but moving it outside the #main container is not an option. Perhaps it might be better to have a rethink on the layout of the site.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00