Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 search auto suggest with duplicate entries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - November 15 2010 :  12:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Hoping someone has encountered this before and might have an easy fix.

Upgrading from 5 to 7 and, at the same time, converting from access to mysql.

I've populated mysql with the products and categories from the access database....everything seems to be running smoothly except....

In the search box, when you start typing, the auto-suggest feature works but it will list items 2 or 3 times

For example: if we search camcorder (we only have 1 camcorder added to the website)
It will auto-suggest it 3 times even though there is only one camcorder entry in the products table

even if the item type is plentiful (example: we carry about 10 different HDMI cables) when you search for HDMI, you will still get duplicated entries of the same item.

Does anyone have any idea on what's causing this and how to get it to only list one instance of an item?

Thanks

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - November 16 2010 :  17:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One step closer...the auto suggest is being affected by the number of categories the product is associated with...so if I have an item listed with 3 categories..it shows up in the auto-suggest 3 times....or if I have it associated with 1 subcategory, it shows up in the auto-suggest twice (once for main category, once for sub)

Still hunting a way to tweak this so it will only suggest an item once.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00