Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Stock Control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - November 15 2010 :  03:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm struggling to understand what the difference is between the two options below, OK 1 displays an out of stock message whilst the other stops the product from displaying but both have the same consequence; the customer cannot order the item.

xoutofstocklimit - Level at which out of stock message is displayed. For example 2. When stock reaches 2, the out of stock message is displayed. The message is defined in the language file Langoutofstock

xstocklow - If null, then all products are displayed. If set to a number, for example 5, then the stock level must be greater than this number for the product to be displayed. See also xoutofstocklimit for display out of stock messages.

Personally I would have thought the stock low should alert the merchant the product is getting low whilst still displaying the product with the out of stock kicking in after further items are sold. I can't see how these two settings can interact and aid each other.

Regards,
Renners

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 15 2010 :  03:50:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Renner,s

With xoutofstocklimit, the product will still be displayed if the product is out of stock. The message defined in Langoutofstock will be displayed along with the product information.

With xstocklow however, the product will be completely hidden from view when it's out of stock.

Hope this clears up the confusion !

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - November 15 2010 :  03:54:40  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,

No not really as I did say I appreciate that this difference was there in my original post. What I cannot see is how these two options function together.

Regards,
Renners
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 25 2010 :  02:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
xoutofstocklimit : will display msg out of stock
xstocklow : will hide product out of stock from display

is this helps Renner ?

diego.