Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Service Pack upgrade Instructions error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 28 2010 :  13:49:46  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to post this as I am in the middle of the Service Pack update and found an error in the instructions.

Section 1.3 of the Service Pack Install Guide is the section explaining how to compare the SP1 files to your already identified Customized files. BUT, the instructions tell you to open the SP1 folder and the ORIGINAL FILES folder, not the Customized folder as it should say. ALL the images and other instructions make it pretty clear that it SHOULD say to open the customized Files folder, but it is a typo on page 20 where it says:

"In the Right field, click Browse and locate your “my700folder” folder. Click Open".

It should say:
"In the Right field, click Browse and locate your “my700customized” folder. Click Open

Being that this process can be rather daunting, I hope this helps from tripping someone up along the way.

Chris Stubbs
www.redco.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 29 2010 :  02:31:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for your prompt input.

However, we have found this before and have fixed the typo.

The SP1 guide that you are using could be the old version.

Make sure you download the latest one at :
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp700sp1guide.pdf

Thank you again Chris.

VPASP ADMIN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00