Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 From address in emails causing issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jhoiland
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - October 04 2010 :  12:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another interesting issue on confirmation emails...

While fixing up the templates mentioned in a previous post I inadvertently ran across another potential issue.

I used a hotmail address in testing some dummy orders through the system and no confirmation emails were coming through. The customer-side emails to the hotmail account made it...but the merchant side ones were nowhere to be found. Thought I must've fouled something up since I was just in there...

Eventually checking the server logs all the way through revealed that the ISP was killing all of the emails.

It was doing rDNS on the from address (hotmail.com) and since the SPF info didn't match up (because it wasn't actually coming from hotmail.com) it was dumping the emails right at the gateway as spam.

Perhaps setting the customer email in the reply to instead of the from would be the easiest fix.

JH

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 05 2010 :  23:24:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

We have a setting in the online config to cause all emails to come from the main email which may address this.

Please test setting xmailfrommerchant in the config to Yes.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000