Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 SEO and rankings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - September 14 2010 :  19:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interested to know if anyone has seen a marked increase in their google rankings after upgrading to v7

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - September 15 2010 :  11:29:55  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, very much so. With almost no additional info added as far as Meta info, etc. Just by converting to V7, I am getting significantly more results organically through both Google and Bing.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - September 15 2010 :  11:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris

That's good news, i'm currently position 8/9 for the most generic / searched keyword in my marketplace but just cant get any higher even though my site has more content etc than others. Looking at other sites they have text URL's for products etc rather than ?id=3434 etc

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - September 15 2010 :  13:32:30  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, this will help as well. Here is text from another thread here about that text URL issue:

3) Use URL rewriting to dynamically mask the real urls
(eg you visit "mysite.com/shopexd.asp?id=100" and your server will make your browser/isp see that url in your address line as "mysite.com/sony-tv-24-inch/"

I believe this is something that can be done when creating a sitemap for your website.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00