Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Quick Order?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - September 07 2010 :  18:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During a site setup, I see the option for:
"Phone / Mail Quick Order"

In it, it says:
"The template used when displaying products at Quick Order Admin System."

Where is this quick order part in the admin area? I can't find it???

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 08 2010 :  00:19:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

Not been built as yet. We have it on our list and have put the place holders for it so it can be dropped in easily once it is completed.

Sorry for how long it is taking to build.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - September 28 2010 :  14:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Cam:

I am really disappointed as I'm sure others are. Half my orders come in by phone or e-mails. The Phone/Mail Quick Order was one major factor in me upgrading to Version 7 back in December.

My 1 year of free updates is coming to an end soon. What's going to happen if the module isn't available before my year runs out? Lets hope it doesn't take another two months but if it does, will I automatically be notified and allowed to download it after my year has passed? Will I be able to get support for the module without having to purchase more time? Any idea when it will be available?

Thank you!!

Dale
Go to Top of Page

dikheel
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - December 07 2010 :  07:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any update on this feature? Has it been released yet!

If not, when is the ETA on it?
Go to Top of Page

seeker1
VP-CART New User

Australia
114 Posts

Posted - December 07 2010 :  20:23:19  Show Profile  Visit seeker1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See www.hkprog.com/vpasp/hk_quickorder.htm

Howard Kadetz
www.hkprog.com
[email protected]
VP-ASP customizations and software enhancements
Go to Top of Page

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - December 07 2010 :  21:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeker1,

I only speak for myself - but I'm looking for an integrated product. That makes it a lot easier when upgrades happen.

And no offense, but $60 seems a bit steep for an HTML form and a query.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 07 2010 :  21:25:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The version offered by HKProg is actually quite good value as our version, when finished and no date on this unfortunately, will be a stand alone system and will be considerably higher priced than this.

While it will hook into the same database it will not be part of the store and will in fact be a completely separate product.

Re pricing in general, if you can code it yourself then it is possibly expensive. But if you had to get a programmer to create this for you and test then the cost would 3 or 4 times at least what HK Prog is charging.

My 2 cents on this one.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
Go to Top of Page

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - December 07 2010 :  21:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam,

That's disppointing to hear - you already have options for it built into the existing 7.x deluxe version, and you said when it's complete it can "drop in easily", and now you say you're going to charge more for it?

That doesn't sound like good business, that's my 2 cents. Seems very misleading.

BTW, sure if you hire a programmer to do something specific, you pay custom prices. But for a re-sellable product that is nothing but an HTML form and a query essentially, the price seems high. Again, my opinion. Perhaps it's worth it to some people.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 07 2010 :  21:50:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The place holder is available in all versions and will act as a gateway to the system.

It will drop in easily now as it will be a stand alone system.

We looked at integrating it into the software and decided it was better to make it a separate system as it would impact on the core software too much otherwise. It would have been anything but simple unfortunately if we tried to make it part of the core software.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000