Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Always checkbox in features
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - September 02 2010 :  19:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the opposite problem of what I've seen others post here - try as I might I can not get the radio buttons to show only checkboxes. I made sure that MULTIPLE is set to no in all of the features, I REQUIRED as Yes and I have 1 feature on the list as DEFAULT. This is in version 6.50. Any ideas?

Edited by - cwalters on September 02 2010 19:58:26

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - September 02 2010 :  20:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I give you example :

there will be 3 Color product features to setup,
-Color Black
-Color White
-Color Red

Those 3 features needs to be created each records in the product features admin, referring to one same Feature Number, and also set the below settings in each above :

Feature Type : Radio
Multiple : No

That's all, this is working in mine..

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - September 02 2010 :  21:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diego - thanks for the reply but I've done all this. I've used this in other versions of VPASP so I'm familiar with how it works and that's the problem - it's not working as it should.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 02 2010 :  23:31:15  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think, if you want to show checkboxes then multiple needs to be set to Yes, and if you want to display radios then multiple needs to be set to No.
Looking at the code and it seems that the type is pretty much irrelevant; choosing radio or checkbox doesn't seem to make any difference; it uses the multiple flag instead.

ie multiple refers to "I can choose more than one option" (ie checkboxes), it doesn't mean "I have more than one option to choose from" (ie radios)

so, setting multiple to no will always display radios, not checkboxes.

but, it might also be the case that if you only have a single option then a checkbox will be used regardless of type/multiple (because a radio-group with a single option doesn't make sense in terms of web objects).

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 03 2010 00:21:49
Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - September 03 2010 :  17:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the way that I have always seen it work before but for whatever reason it isn't working that way this time. I need to force the customer to choose a color option so I have made sure Multiple is NOT yes but it still displays the checkboxes and still allows me to check more than 1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00