Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 No Available Image
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - August 18 2010 :  12:38:00  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to stop a product showing in latest products if there is no image?

Alternatively, show a standard image if there is not a specific one for that product?
(I know BYZ had an add-on for this that I used with previous versions.)

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 18 2010 :  16:47:44  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe now, if there is no image address provided for a product, it defaults to images/no-image.gif. At least my system does this, so it would have had to come that way.

If you want a different image to show when none is available, create a new image and either re-name it no-image.gif or change the reference in VPASP to reference your new image and not no-image-gif.

As far as stopping these from being used in latest products, not sure about that one.

Chris Stubbs
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 18 2010 :  21:28:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if the latest-products is using our showcase (byz093) module, then you'd just add an extra bit to the "extra where clause" argument in your byz093 showcase call, eg, say your showcase call already had an extra where clause like:
"cname like '%blah%'"

you'd change it to:
"cname like '%blah%' and cimageurl is not null"

however, if you actually have cimageurl values in the data but the corresponding image doesn't physically exist on your server, and you want to catch that situation too, then that can't be done by changing the query; it'd need tweaking the bit which processes the cursor to check the physical existence of the file while doing the loop. (our missing-image addon (byz057) checks the physical existence of images when outputting products but it doesn't stop the product from being found, it just displays the no-image image when the data is blank or when the file doesn't physically exist)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - August 19 2010 :  05:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisredco
or change the reference in VPASP to reference your new image and not no-image-gif.

Thanks Chris, I've just found.

xnoimage
The path to an image to display on shopdisplayproduct.asp if there is no image available.

Didn't think to try the obvious.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00