Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Customer Registration emails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - July 27 2010 :  06:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to change the merchant notification emails for customer has registered and joined the mailing list. Neither of the current versions give us enough information. For example whether the customer has ticked to be added to the mailing list.

Is there a template for these or do I have to edit the code in files such as shopmaillist.asp, in which case I'll need some guidance, thanks.

jhoiland
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - July 29 2010 :  16:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are templates as well, check out tmp_merchantemail.htm (customer order checkout), tmp_registration.txt (shopmaillist.asp registration) and tmp_welcomeemail.txt(to the customer).

It's a bit muddy now in V7. The customers table has a field called maillist which I think is still populated from the join box during checkout. But there is also an entirely new table called newsletter that has a newsletterauthorized field.

It looks like the newsletter table is populated from people who join from shopmaillist.asp. The customers who check join newsletter during checkout don't get moved over here automatically. You could move them back and forth with a SQL query to transfer from the customers table with maillist true into the newsletter table.

John
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - July 30 2010 :  11:24:15  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks John, I have already edited tmp_merchantemail.txt for the order checkout satisfactorily but tmp_registration.txt does not seem to be the basis for a customer registering.

As far as I can tell (because I've managed to add 1 extra field to the email) the email for a customer registering is produced by shopcustregister.asp (sub SendMailToMerchant).

Am I missing a shop configuration setting here?

I have added an extra line in shopcustregister.asp to include the company name in the email but I also want to know whether the mailing list box has been checked and to add information from 2 drop-downs added as customerotherfields. The checkout email was easy as it is a template but the coding aspect of shopcustregister.asp has me stumped.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00