Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 some shop$language_english.asp changes don''t work.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - July 23 2010 :  21:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

So far, I've made several changes to the shop$language_english.asp file.....most have taken effect immediately...

2 Changes however, don't seem to stick...I've updated these:

Langwishlistsave="Save to my wishlist"
and
LangCommonCopyright="Copyright © 1999-2010 mycompany, LLC - All rights reserved."

But these changes don't show in the live store. I've reloaded the Shop Configuration, etc....

How do I get these changes to work?

Thanks!

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - July 24 2010 :  09:17:35  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just as an alternate, did you try making these changes in the Admin instead of the file directly?

Try Advanced Settings->International->Language->Edit Language

Just search for the keyword you need (langwishlistsave, etc), hit the edit button, make the changes and save them and see if this makes it work.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - July 24 2010 :  15:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep this worked - thank you!

But this leaves me a little perplexed - making the change in admin updates the database I guess - so what's the file for then? And why did "some" of my changes to the file work?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 25 2010 :  03:18:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can if you like update the physical file and then upload it to your admin again.

We include it also so customers can use this as a base to translate VPASP into a different language.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - January 02 2011 :  14:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to be having this problem too. I did the updates via the Edit language table option.. but whenever I refreshed my webstore, the footer is still showing Rocksalt Copyright instead of the one I updated for my store.

Similarly some text changes made via the Edit Language Table does not stick.. the product template is still showing the old text??

Which is the definitive source the program uses to pull the text? The Language table or the shoplanguage.asp file??
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 03 2011 :  00:49:03  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The language should be edited via the table. The language file can mostly be ignored unless you are using a very very very old version of the cart.

The most important thing to do after you've edited a language variable is to "Reload" or "Reset" the language so that the server can store all the new language values into the memory.

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00