Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Grouping Customers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nettrader
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  21:25:07  Show Profile  Visit nettrader's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am running version 6.5 and as well as selling to individuals via the website I also have trade customers to whom I offer trade discount. When I add a trade customer I link them to a discount which I have set up via the "discount - customer prices" table.

One of my trade customers is a chain of franchised coffee shops. When another franchise is sold I add them as a customer in the admin section and give them the same discount as the other shops in the chain.

I would like to group all these coffee shops within the admin section so any changes I make to the discount etc can be implemented to all customers.

Does anyone know how I can group these customers?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  09:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best way to implement this is by using customer group discounts. If your trade customers get a discount off all the products in your store then here is how to set this up.

xcustomerprices = Yes (you have this set to Yes already)
xcustomerpriceidentifier = custother1 (see previous post)
xcustomerpricetypes = Trade,Wholesale,Friend etc.
xcustomerpricepercents = 0.15, 0.20, 1.25 etc. (15% discount for Trade customers, 20% discount for Wholesale customers, 25% extra for Friends etc)
You can then add the customer type to the custother1 field in the customer records. Whenever you change the discount amount in xcustomerpricepercents for a customer type it will apply to all customers of that type.

If however your trade customers only get discounts on certain products then you will have to choose a field in the product record to store the price that the trade customer will see and then add the name of this field to xcustomerpricefields eg price3. I would only use the Customer Prices table for 'special' customers who don't fit into your main customer types. (We have a couple of them)

Regarding the previous post about the trade checkout - Will your coffee franchise customers be classed as customer type "Trade"? If yes that's fine. If not, but you still want them to bypass the payment page, let me know, because the custom code check before checkout will have to be modified.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00