Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Email Confirmation using PayPal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nettrader
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  23:30:40  Show Profile  Visit nettrader's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in version 6.5, when using PayPal as the method of payment and when the credit card payment facility turned off, email notifications are not sent to the customer or the merchant. It is only after the credit card facility is turned on that emails are sent.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  23:54:22  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not quite correct. Email notifications are sent to the customer if they return to the site after making an order.

If they do not return then the admin can click on the Finalise Order link in the View Order detail page and this will complete the processes as if the customer had returned and also generate the emails as well.

Email is generated on the shopthanks page so if they do not reach this then no emails are sent.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

tobydogger
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  02:00:48  Show Profile  Visit tobydogger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After many hours of trouble shooting this problem was resolved when credit card payments were switched on as a payment option as well as PayPal. This has been reported as a bug.
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  00:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done some testing on my local and emails for PayPal orders seem to work fine.

Do you have a site we can review?

Great way to test is to try switching off your credit card fields and hen when you get to the check out page just enter shopthanks.asp into the address bar and I bet you receive an email. As Cam says the emails don't go unless the customer returns to the shopthanks.asp page

Tx
S.
Go to Top of Page

nettrader
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  01:53:33  Show Profile  Visit nettrader's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The customer was reaching the shopthanks page but there was obviously an issue with PayPal as deault payment method. I lodged a ticket but support kept telling me they could find no problem when testing my site as it worked for them. In desperation I allowed credit cards and (hey presto) it all started to work. I contacted support and they confirmed they had also only been testing with credit cards turned on. It tok me days to discover that this was the issue. FYI - TD is my business partners UN so both posts are in referring to the same issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00