Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Strange characters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  09:28:06  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When in the add a product long description field when i enter
Temperature range: -20 C to +70 °C
and the save the product that line will change to
Temperature range: -20 °C to +70 °C
I have done this on my local host and on my live site and both are the same, the line will not always change to the exact as i have above but there will always be some odd characters added.
Is this normal behaviour ?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  21:16:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

This one will be resolved with the VPASP 7.0 SP1 release.

Should not be too much longer.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  22:48:11  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Sir
I also noticed that when in the admin and listing a specific category the only info shows up in the columns is the catalogId and cname (although very short, would be nice to have that longer) is this something i am doing ?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  01:38:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you mean when you look at categories you can only see 2 columns?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  05:20:44  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
Yesterday when i was adding and editing products and clicked on the "back to products" button i would see all the columns but there was only information in the 2 i mentioned, I tried to duplicate that this morning without any luck... maybe my computer had a blonde moment. I do however find it kinda odd that the cname description field is cut off and doesn't show the whole name of the product which is usually limited to 40 or so characters. Can this be changed by me ?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  00:03:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Wil,

Not easily if i am understanding what you are asking.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  17:00:28  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
I have been trying to get a page with bookmarks going. I made it up in microsoft word and works fine in there and also in HTML but for some reason i can't get it to go to the proper places in VPASP if you care to look at the FAQ page at www.nostik.ca you will know what i mean. I have been trying to set up the bookmarks in the product editor but as far as i know there are no instructions on how to handle this. I did create bookmarks for all the topics from 1 to 9 then when i highlight 1. What is teflon? and click on the hyperlink icon the dialog box that comes up isn't listed in the manual unless i overlooked it. I have tried to put shopcontent.asp?type=FAQ in the source box and then select the bookmark but that doesn't work, i have also tried to leave the source empty and just select the bookmark and that doesn't seem to work. Am i missing something , is this explained in the manual or does it not work ? .... also the strange characters seem to be getting worse.

Wil
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  17:44:21  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried to go to your site link, but it won't load.
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  19:03:43  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry , changed the location of the database and forgot to set permissions, it should load now. Tyhaks for letting me know.
Wil
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  09:24:57  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
I got a message from the help desk regarding the strange characters showing up on the website, could you please explain what is going on and why i need to have him upload something to my webhost. I have had that page on a different server at my ISP for a long time and never had any problems. I do need to get rid of this problem.

For the strange characters, that is causing by the double bytes characters.

Is your site going to have the double bytes characters?

If your site is having the double bytes characters, then I can upgrade a V7 utf8 version to your site.

And please backup your files and database if you want me to upgrade your site to utf8 version.

Please instruct.

Thank you.

Bobby
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  09:30:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure we are on the same page as you to be honest.

Is it a VPASP that is having issues? Or is it a non VPASP page?

If a VPASP then the SP1 Pac Bobby is referring to will resolve any double byte character issue you may be facing.

If not a VPASP page then we may not be bale to assist as it may be outside of the software that the issue lies.

If you chat with Bobby in the helpdesk hopefully he will be able to assist you.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  08:56:48  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
Issue has been resolved with the service pack he installed , works great by the way.
Wil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00