Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Unable to add any flash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  20:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody have any experience with adding interactive .swf's on a page (home page in my case). I want to have a interactive slide show of our featured artists' artwork. I have the flash made and working. I go to layout manager and in the right (main) column, add "BODY FLASH." I upload a flash file, and use the directory that it puts it in; save. I go to the website and there is nothing where the Flash should be.

Anyone else have this problem? I would love to be able to add my own interactive flash files to the page.

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 09 2010 :  07:36:50  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't try to add an swf file to my page yet but i edited my header to show a MultiFrame Image Slideshow www.nostik.ca would be an example although that site was not done with VPASP i am designing a site on my local host and have edited "shoppage_header.htm" to show the same header.
I am however also interested in showing swf at the bottom of some of my products and am curious to know how this would be done.
Go to Top of Page

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - April 21 2010 :  19:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:

So I figured out my problem was a combination of several issues.

1) Make sure permissions are correct.
2) Make sure you type in the url of the flash correctly.
3) If your flash uses external files, like xml, make sure everything points to the correct location.
4) In the layout manager, make sure all the fields are filled in (seq #, width, height, etc) .
5) Make sure the flash file works on its own, in a flash player.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00