Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Canada Post Metric
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 07 2010 :  21:48:47  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just spent about an hour talking to live chat and no solution. Could anybody help me with this please.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 07 2010 :  22:19:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I am having the development team update the readme on how to use and install this module.

If you submit into the helpdesk they will forward once ready.

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  10:51:17  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you
I just went through the manual on setting up the shipping method for Canada Post and there really is not much there at least not in section 12
I have followed the instructions that came with the add on I entered my Canada Post merchant ID and all the other information and have this in my set up for the shipping

Set up Shipping (lookup)

Change Shipping Calculation: lookuppricerangepricepercentproductfixedmessageweightweightrangequantityquantityrange

ID Shipping Method Price Edit
1 Expedited Canada 10
2 Lettermail 4
3 Small Packet USA 10
4 Download 0
5 Attachment 0
[1]

Set up Other Shipping

ID Shipping Method File Name Edit
6 Canada Post canadapostxml.asp
[1]

This setp will not display the Canada Post option in the drop down list on the check out page. Could you tell me if i am missing something here or is there a problem with the program ?
The options listed in the drop down box are:
Attachment
Download
Expedited Canada
Lettermail
Small Packet USA

Am I doing something wrong here ?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  11:00:44  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

Our team have updated the Canada Post module.

You can download this again from our Download Center at:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspcustomer.htm#addons

The readme has been updated and some tweaks have been made to the code.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  11:32:54  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
I just got done downloading and have a few comments.
1) I edited the read me file and removed all the spelling errors and such (and there are a few LOL )I have a copy if you like.
2) there are 4 asp files in the zip but you only mention 3 files in the read me file to copy to the install directory
canadapostxml.asp - New
Canadapostxmlsubs.asp - New
shopajaxshippingcanpostsubs.asp - New

What do we do with the shopxmlhttp.asp File ?

3) In the Canadapostxmlsubs.asp file is an entry " const WeightUnits = "lbs" " how does on change that to metric ie: KG or Kilogram or Kilograms or Grams ( no mention of this in the instructions)
4) Canada post does take size into consideration when shipping ( i entered a product that should cost $ 2.00 to ship by lettermail and it wants to ship it at $ 10,46 expedited, so obviously this isn't working.
5) If no default dimension are entered in the asp file then where in the product does one add the dimensions. (There is mention somewhere to do this but it doesn't explain how and there are no fields on the add a product page to enter dimensions. Not all products are born the same size)
6) There is a line missing in the new Canadapostxmlsubs.asp file
const WeightUnits = "lbs"
is not there, is this the way it should be or an error ?

Edited by - windsurfer on April 08 2010 11:37:27
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  11:46:02  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
If you would like to test the Canada Post shipping module i could supply you with my merchant ID if you like, I'm not sure if you have one but i wouldn't mind if it is for testing purposes.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  11:55:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Shopxmlhttp.asp can be ignored as it's already included into VP-ASP 7.00 by default.

As explained on the readme file, Canada Post by default accept kg as the weight unit so you will need to use kg on all of your products. The "const weightunits" line has been removed as it is never used.

As per my understanding, for lettermail the weight of the product must be less than 0.5 kg. Did you set the weight of the test product to be 0.5 kg or less when testing?

If you can submit any further issues you are having with Canada Post add-on to our helpdesk at https://helpdesk.vpasp.com, our developer will be able to assist you directly with this. We do not charge support points for bugs or issues with our product.

Thank you.

Ali
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00