Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MartinInBath
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - March 28 2010 :  10:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I have set and enabled my weightranges for shipping.
However on the shipping information page there is a dropdown that asks the customer for the shipping method (by weight range).
This causes a problem as this page doesn't show the weight of the product or products ordered by the customer.
Therefore the customer can't select accurately their shipping cost.
If they select outside of the required weightrange, for example 3 products were selected, then this causes an error.
How do I configure the shipping to automatically calculate the shipping based on the total weight of the product(s) ordered without the need of customer input?
I.E. Remove the need of the dropdown selection by the customer on the shipping information page
Many thanks
Martin

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - March 29 2010 :  20:50:49  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
weightrange values are calculated per order by the VPAsp automatically if you have the assigned weights in the product record.
Suppose you had 4 shipping Zones, each with different pricing per weight range - The buyer would simply select the Zone or State (can State differences be automatically assigned? you ask)

In the shipping table you will have 4 zone calculations with x Number of weight ranges

15 weight ranges times 4 Zones = 60 records (15 in each Zone)
Usermanual 12.4.2

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

MartinInBath
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - March 31 2010 :  17:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much, thats fab... and it works!
:-)
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  15:51:32  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have set the weight range for all the provinces in Canada , now i would like to assign a weight range that applies to all the USA states. Is this possible with the settings i have or do i have to assign them to all the different states. When i say no to shipping by state the canadian provinces don't work of course. Is this possible at all ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00