Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Layout of shopdisplayproducts.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnhardy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - March 05 2010 :  04:28:50  Show Profile  Visit johnhardy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using V7 and am looking at shopdisplayproducts.asp which is a repeating list of products.

I expected to find a link which would take me to a full details page but there does not seem to be one.
I also expected to find the field cdescription from the Products table but this does not show either.

Can I place these in the code somehow.
Many thanks
John

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 05 2010 :  07:49:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's not in the asp file, it's done via the template files instead. The product-summary page template (ie the bit which displays each product in shopdisplayproducts.asp) is:

templates/default-2cols(and default-3cols)/tmp_productformat.htm

for those template files, anything with a square bracket is a column name or a special template field.

eg:

[translate cname]

will end up outputting your products.cname value at that point of the html.

For each product queried, it'll read your tmp_productformat.htm file, and then translate that into the relevant html using the data.

You can put whatever product columns you like into that file. The "translate" bit is only really relevant if you use multiple languages, so you can use something like:

[cname]
or
[cdescription]
or
[pother5]
etc

[formatimage sub] is a special template field which gets the thumbnail, and then adds the link to it.

if you wanted, you could have an explicit link like this:

<a href="[formatshopexdlink][add_websesslink]" class="btn-details">Details</a>

NOTE: the formatshopexdlink template field is only relevant to v7; anyone who's reading this and is on 6.5 or below should use a different link as per the default 6.5 templates.

(the tmp_topsellers.htm template has those kinds of links/logic in it and explictly shows the image instead of using special template fields)

The corresponding template file for shopexd.asp (product-details) is tmp_product.htm

If you have an optional column and only want to display the label and other html such as a newline if the data's blank then put a $ at the front of the line in the template.

eg:
$Manufacturer: [mfg]<br />

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 05 2010 08:09:57
Go to Top of Page

johnhardy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - March 05 2010 :  16:11:07  Show Profile  Visit johnhardy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much Simon, I will have a go. Lots to learn.
Regards
John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00