Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Ver.7 - Create actual invoice from order?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  12:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone:

Does anyone have a template so you can create an actual invoice from the cart order? The e-mail confirmation isn't acceptable for most companies as an invoice.

A company logo and address header at the top along with items listed in the middle and the subtotals, tax and totals in the bottom ... just like a 'real' invoice.

What are you doing for invoices other than manually doing them in an accounting package and mailing them out? (that sort of defeats the purpose of automating everything.)

If you have your items drop shipped from a supplier, do your customers not get an actual invoice but only the e-mail confirmation.

I'd be interested in any ideas or work-arounds everyone is using.

Thanks!!

Dale

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  15:40:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What I think you're after is something like our packing slip; it's now compatible with v7 and does what you're after for emails and/or screens:
http://bit.ly/byz001

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 18 2010 :  04:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dale,

we use the html email template tmp_customeremail.htm. We modified it to display all information that we have on our standard printed invoices so it looks almost identical to a standard invoice. It's fairly easy to customise but I think you should have a look at Simon's Packing Slip add-on.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - February 18 2010 :  16:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carrol:

Gee, who would have thought of looking at the .htm version of the customer e-mail?

I did load it into my html editor and sure enough I was able to create an invoice which looks very professional.

Thank you for your assistance.

Dale
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00