Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 6.50 Plus, email templates don''t work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lesharrison
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  07:24:35  Show Profile  Visit lesharrison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Running 6.5 Pluse with SQL Server. This is a new site, two others work correctly. On this site, customer and merchant email templates are not working. emails are going out ok using the basic formatting from shopmail.asp. I have tried this with templates = yes and no, html and txt, restarted the site iis, etc. Nothing will let the customer and merchant templates work. Code is a fresh upload from the zip file plus 6.50 security patches.

I know the thanks and thanks2 files kick these off but could use some help in debugging this issue.

Thanks in advance.

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  08:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

make sure that the field xcustomeremail is set to tmp_customeremail.htm and xmerchantemail is set to tmp_merchantemail.htm
By default they are *.txt not *.htm

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Edited by - carfin on February 17 2010 08:44:52
Go to Top of Page

lesharrison
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  08:54:05  Show Profile  Visit lesharrison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carrol, just to be sure, I checked and re-entered both and then updated the shop config. Same results, no templates... aaargh!
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  09:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have checked that all the relevant configuration fields are set up as follows:

xemailcustomer = Yes
xemailmerchant = Yes
xemailformat = html
xemailwithtemplates = Yes
xmerchantemail = tmp_merchantemail.htm
xcustomeremail = tmp_customeremail.htm

then perhaps this could be a problem with your ISP. Are you using the same ISP for the other 2 sites you mentioned?

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

lesharrison
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  09:24:09  Show Profile  Visit lesharrison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, those are all set. Since the site is sending customer and merchant emails out using the basic non-template mode IE: shopmail.asp and shopmailformat.asp, it does appear to be an issue in the vpasp code not selecting the template mode. The other site that is currently working correctly is on a different server with the same ISP (Crystaltech.com).

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  09:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you definitely have the Plus Option package then I don't know what could be stopping the mail templates from being formatted. I take it that the ISP uses the same mail service and component (CDONTS, JMAIL etc) . Sorry I can't be of any more help, perhaps someone else might offer some ideas.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

lesharrison
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - February 17 2010 :  09:48:08  Show Profile  Visit lesharrison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I do appreciate your replies. At least I don't feel alone in this :-). I just decided to rework the shopmailformat.asp file for now to get this site working and worry about the templates over time.

have a great day,

Les
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00