Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Click Directly to Extended Description
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - January 28 2010 :  22:20:18  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regarding 7.0

I have noticed on the vpasp online demo store, when you click on a feature product / or new product it goes directly to the extended description page.

How do you do this?

Timothy

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - January 28 2010 :  22:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Timothy,

I think it is because VPASP has turned on the SEO Dynamic Generator configs (xSEODynamicEnable and xSEODynamicProductsEnable).

After enabled the SEO dynamic, the product links in the site will be replaced with meaningful link names and will go straight to product exd.

Hope this helps.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - January 29 2010 :  21:32:34  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That might be the case; but we only have the "Plus" version that does not include the SEO Dynamic Generator - so I can't test your theory. Does anyone have another idea?

STANDOUT Promotional Products
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
www.standoutcanada.com
Go to Top of Page

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - January 30 2010 :  01:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
standout are you using the standard template with v7?

Rudi
Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - January 30 2010 :  15:02:37  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Rudi,

We are using the 3 column standard template.

Timothy
Go to Top of Page

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - January 30 2010 :  18:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Timothy,

I dont use the standard template nor the plus version, but I had a look at the standard frontpage template files in my version and from default they already reference the exdended descripton display -

tmp_randomfrontpage.htm
tmp_newproductsfrontpage.htm
tmp_frontpage.htm

You will notice the links are referenced using
<a href="[formatshopexdlink]

If not then it will need to be changed to formatshopexdlink from what ever it is.

also, from memory you might need to set the following in your config -

xgenerateshopexdlink = yes
xproductextdesc = yes

Hope that leads you in the right direction.
Rudi

Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - January 31 2010 :  10:21:52  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Rudi, everything is setup as you noted above. And yes, when I look at the code for three tmp files it all appears to me that it should go directly to the extended desc page. For some reason, they are all pointed at "shopquery.asp" and not "shopexd".

Thanks for trying.

www.standoutcanada.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 31 2010 :  22:19:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

You need to change xcrosslinkurl in the online Configuration section to shopexd.asp

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - February 01 2010 :  13:43:08  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank-you very much Cam.

www.standoutcanada.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00