Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 display extra columns on homepage using v6.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mcg
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - January 13 2010 :  08:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello , basically all i am trying to do is add another column on the right hand side of my frontpage. if i look at the css i can see that the left hand column is called #left then comes the #main section and logically i need to create a column and call it #right and put it in the css.

then my thinking is i need to 'call' this somehwere and shoppage header seems sensible. looking at shoppage header though if i put it straight underneath the calls to #left then the column is situated directly on the right side of the left column - if i try to call it from underneath the calls to 'main in shoppage header this has the effect of putting the right column where i want it on the right hand side of the page but pushes the main content right down the screen and away somewhere.

i spent a whole day trying this yeaterday and it seems to me that the call to main in shoppage header seems to then use tmp_default foe the main page and tmp_frontpage for the bottom half of the page and then calls shoppage trailer .

i have even tried inserting the calls to #right in shoppage trailer -that had the effect of locating it correctly but it couldnt call upon topsellers.htm etc as it was throwing up error messages.

the whole problem seems to be beacuase main is called in shoppage header and then in turn uses default and frontpage whereas it should be very simple to just add to the css and be done

if anyone has any experience of this i would be grateful.

so to confirm i would like one column on the right hand side the same size as the column on the left hand side -simple you would think!

thank you

ps i am using v 6.5

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 13 2010 :  19:03:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

a right hand column has to be added to tmp_shoppagetrailer.htm
Create your #right column settings in css
Add the following code (this is just sample code) after the IP address warning at the start of tmp_shoppagetrailer.htm

</td>

<td class="vt" id="right"> <!-- START FEATURED PRODUCTS BOX -->
<h2><%=getlang("langfeaturedproducts")%></h2>
<div class="box"><%NavigateFEATUREDPRODUCTS%></div>
<!-- END FEATURED PRODUCTS BOX -->
</td>

Remember you will need to adjust the widths of the left, main and right table styles in shop.css to accomodate the new column and get the layout the way you want.

Any problems, just ask :)

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mcg
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - January 15 2010 :  09:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carrol
that will be my task over the weekend then.

I did try it in shoppage trailer but as you say perhaps i didnt adjust the sizing properly.
I will let you know how i get on
regards
Martin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00