Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 What Are Your Server Specs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jabcommerce
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - January 12 2010 :  18:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I have run into some Session Expired problems with my users and I was wonder what machine I would have to use in order to avoid these types of errors.

Currently I have a Virtual Dedicated Server at godaddy.com that has a Pentium Xeon Processor, with 512 MB of RAM running windows Server 2003. I also run SQLExpress 2005 on it. Seesm like if I get 20 hits a day the server memory will over load.

I set the IIS settings so that I could recycle the worker process, but all this does is kill the user session.

Do any of you want to share your specs or at least inform me what would a decent server be for running VPASP with let's say 4,000 unique visitors a month?

Thanks,

Joe

mel3003_uk
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - January 27 2010 :  19:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on the VPS and quite frankly it was not really up to spec and had many conversations with Webfusion on this matter. Even after many tweeks of the Recycling Process settings it still bombed out every now and again.

I was told (by Webfusion) that i should consider SharedHosting Package instead of the VPS.

Dont know if this helps?
Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - March 12 2010 :  08:46:22  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The exact question I was going to ask today. Can anyone comment on what server will do the job? Like Joe, we are on a VPS with 512MB RAM and by the end of the day it is hanging on a thred.

STANDOUT Promotional Products
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
www.standoutcanada.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 12 2010 :  10:52:53  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know much about server-specs, but if the server has a total of 515mb ram then surely that's way too small?

I mean, on a normal pc/laptop you need a minimum of 1gig ram just to run windows without it constantly crashing/stalling, 1.5gig to run it properly and have it usable with quite a few applications open, preferably around 2.5 to 3gig ram for it to be quite speedy.

My pc uses about 2gig of memory, and that's just running fairly standard stuff; I needed 2.5 gig for it to remain speedy and not to use massive pagefiles, ie it actually uses about 2gig ram, but I have 2.5gig in total so that I've got a bit spare to avoid it slowing down too much if I open tons of stuff.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - March 12 2010 :  12:07:23  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Simon, we are hosted via a virtual private server (vps). I certainly can't explain it as well as the link but in short we have 500MB of dedicated virtual memory on top of what is required for the Windows platform. We are considering moving up the ladder of services but are trying to get a feel from others for how much virtual memory is req'd to run the vpasp software without fail.

http://www.cirrushosting.com/vpshosting/vps-hosting-canada-2.html

STANDOUT Promotional Products
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
www.standoutcanada.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00