Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Advice on download vs. email attachments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheParson
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - December 16 2009 :  12:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using locklizard.com to secure the ebooks I am going to sell through my site.

Because of this, the secure PDF's the customer can download on the shopthanks.asp page will not open until I set them up and authorize them to do so.

I can already see that this is going to frustrate buyers, even though I have put a link to how the ebook authorization process works in the product description. They will not read it.

So, I was thinking that instead of putting the secure PDF file name in the "download" field I would use the "attachment" field instead. My concern is that if they buy a bunch of ebooks, it will easily exceed the normal 10mb email attachment limit.

Plus, I don't know how to turn on the right things and get to the body of that email so I can alter the content and explain how to download the locklizard reader and authorize the computer on which the reader resides.

If anyone is familiar enough with both locklizard and VPASP I sure would appreciate some help! Please note that I am not a programmer and you'll be forced to treat me like a simpleton with all thumbs and s-p-e-l-l everything out in great detail. Sorry about that, but I'm still learning.

BTW, I am currently on 6.5 and will be upgrading to 7.0 in a week or so if that matters.

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - December 19 2009 :  16:26:53  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would really try to find a way to avoid attachments as many people strip attachments or block emails all together with attachments. If you want to have something automated, that would be something I would try to avoid.

Can't you just put the information that YOUR ACCOUNT MUST BE MANUALLY APPROVED IN ORDER TO OPEN THIS DOCUMENT or something like that for the email confirmation sending the link to the PDF?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00