Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Bulk Delete Orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dax
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  18:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have over 8000 orders on our database, which is causing it to run slow.

Is there away of bulk deleting the first 6000 orders without having to go thru and check each box to delete the order?

Thanks...

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 08 2009 :  04:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

for future reference you should always keep a copy of your orders and oitems table. In this country I think 7 years of records must be kept for tax and excise purposes. If you are using an Access database you could use VP-ASP's split database option to store your orders in a separate database. You will have to create the new database, copy the orders, oitems, mycompany, ordertracking and shoprma tables over and set your configuration xorderdb field to the name of your new database. This option would be far better than deleting order records.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 08 2009 :  07:05:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd agree with carrol on that one; best not to delete orders if you can avoid it.
I think the main question is which bit's slow, and why's it slow.
Even with an access database 8000 rows is quite small and shouldn't cause a problem; it sounds like there's some kind of indexing issue.
If, on the other hand, you're wanting to bulk-delete orders which were never paid in the first place (ie people who got as far as shopcreateorder but then gave up) then that's a different issue, and can be done via a few sql commands (be careful if doing that; you'd need to also delete the orphaned records too)
Either way, take an export/backup before you delete/move anything.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 08 2009 07:07:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000