Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Quanity (Call for Pricing)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

absrents
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 18 2009 :  13:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway to set if the customer selects 15+ of one item then adds it to cart the "price" will show as "call for pricing" or "Call for volume Discounts!"

Thanks in advance

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 18 2009 :  14:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one question - are the goods or services you are selling available elsewhere? If the answer is yes read on:

I have never understood that type of idea.

If I have added 15 of anything to a basket then I have made a clear buying signal, why force me to ring?

You will already know your discount policy so why not just add it to the site in the first place?

Sorry but I firmly believe that if you offer a product or service that is available elsewhere, then having any sort of system which forces a paying customer to do something else after they have made the decision to add items to the basket will only push them away.

As an example I am currently looking at setting up website monitoring of uptime on our sites. There are 14 sites to be monitored. Some of the companies have no pricing on their sites forcing me to contact them so they have lost our business already. Others have pricing upto 5 sites and then you have to call them (they have also lost our business). The rest have clear pricing based on multiple sites and it is going to be one of those that get our business (I'm currently setting up free trials of them all so I can compare the results).

The point is the service is available from a number of companies so why should I go to the hastle of ringing or emailing and waiting/hoping for a reply?

If your service is however exclusive to you e.g. in the case of buying VPASP or buying one of BYZ's plug ins then having a call for multiple pricing option can work in your favour.

My advice is don't go down the route of having any call for pricing on your site if you are selling a physical product.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

absrents
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 18 2009 :  16:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said and I agree but in our case i have almost customized VPASP to our needs which is streamlining our rental process over the web we RENT PCs AV Gear ETC, I have it pretty much set to where i need to be but the prices for over 15 lets say laptops
gets a little ridiculous

So when they are ordering 15+ and imagine they would call anyways, I would just like to have something there to let them know

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00