Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Category links in tmp_default
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webCrawler
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - November 11 2009 :  09:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I would like to display category displayed in the default page instead of random products. How do you create your own clone of [Add_randomproducts]?. I tried looking at shopfileio.asp, got nowhere!. Is there any simpler way of doing this ? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
WC

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 11 2009 :  18:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

BYZ has a great addon for customising front page display which I'm sure would achieve what you#re looking for.
Here's a link to the addon:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 12 2009 :  07:57:40  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; you should be able to do what you're after by using that addon (byz093; product showcase) -
there are actually 2 different ways to achieve it on your home page -

The first way is to call the showcase function from default.asp after it displays the home content bit, and then take out the add_randomproducts template field from your home content template file (tmp_default.htm)

The second way is to stamp the where clause for the products you want to show onto your home page content record in a spare column and then use the BYZ_SHOWCASE_FORMAT1_FOR_QUERY template field (explained in the byz093 readme docs for content pages)

The second way's a nice way of doing it because you can use the same logic for other content records/pages too, stamping a where clause onto the content record; allows you to show different products in different content pages.

You could also combine that with static content files too (BYZ110) if you wanted, see point 3 at the bottom of this page:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=1550

you don't need byz110 in order to showcase products in content files, but byz110 will give you the ability to create static content files for content records (eg "aboutus.asp" instead of shopcontent.asp?type=aboutus" etc)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

webCrawler
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - November 12 2009 :  11:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carrol,Simon. I will have a look at it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00