Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 HTML static generation error - Field gte not in..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phoenixfidelis66
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - October 30 2009 :  10:53:41  Show Profile  Visit phoenixfidelis66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Field gte not in database" is the error I receive when trying to generate a static HTML page from my edit product page's "Generate static file" button.

I have viewed the page live as well, and it has the very same error message in the page itself.
http://www.capminder.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=15

I am a new user and any assistance will be greatly appreciated :)

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 30 2009 :  11:17:29  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's usually due to javascript within the extended description on the product record, anything inside square brackets (including javascript arrays) in the data will be seen as a template field and it'll try to show a column value or run a template-function.

have a look at the raw html source of the extendeddesc for that product (the "<>" icon on the html-editor when editing the product) and look for square brackets; there shouldn't be any, if there are then you'd need a different approach to what you're trying to achieve with the code in question.

It looks like whatever you've used to prepare the html has got lots of microsoft stuff in it to do with msword, and you'd need to strip that out, eg:

[if gte mso 9]

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 30 2009 11:22:08
Go to Top of Page

phoenixfidelis66
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - October 30 2009 :  11:55:29  Show Profile  Visit phoenixfidelis66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Simon... that was exactly the problem :)

Your quick and precise answer is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Geoffrey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00