Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Top Sellers Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 16 2009 :  11:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to test an idea on one of our sites and it means I need to isolate various product codes from the top sellers report, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Our products are divided up into 3 main categories, fetish, lingerie and toys. Each is marked with a particular product code start (fetish - bd, lingerie - ln, toys - uot). What I would like to do is create 4 topsellers lists on the fly where we had one that covered everything, then one for each of the 3 categories.

So does anyone have any idea on how to exclude certain codes, or alternatively only include certain codes (e.g. only those beginning ln).

I've noticed byz have product chowcase (BYZ093) would this be able to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 16 2009 :  14:50:59  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes; byz093 would do that. it lets you use whatever query you like; it has 2 core functions; a showcase function which is just a straight-forward product query, and a top-seller-showcase function which joins up to the orders etc; you can add query restrictions as an optional argument to either of those functions. the showcase parameters are done on a per-call basis, so you can have different criteria (and different templates) for each call.

also, the top-seller function lets you choose what you regard as a top-seller (number of items sold, total amount paid, number of orders which had the item in it etc)

depending on your category structure, you might be able to use a single call and set it to use "context sensitive" queries, which is where it queries top-sellers from the category you're currently looking at, and if none are found then it can fall-through to do all.

the readme files that come with it explain the functions in detail, and it also comes with example calls.

BYZ093 - Product ShowCase (Enhanced Front-Page) Functions for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=222&opu=n

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 18 2009 :  15:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the info.

That's my mid week job sorted out then.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00