Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Detailed Mini-Cart and Affiliate Pop-up Carts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - September 18 2009 :  15:51:30  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Clients of mine have asked for a few features only available in AJAX enabled cart systems like this Dynamic Mini-Cart feature which can be seen at this site. Click on Ajouter au Panier which is French for Add-To-Cart at this link and watch what happens to the Mini-Cart in the right side panel:

http://www.natarianni.fr/Moulins-en-bois/2487-moulin-poivre-olivier-roellinger-peugeot.html

Would anyone here consider such a feature as a VPASP add-on if it were available which would be priced in the $75-$125 range?

Also, this application which could be used as an Affiliate's Hosted
Dynamic Cart has been used by 1-800-Flowers to raise their sales by 40% in less than one year according to their president.

http://www.alvenda.com/

The concept of having VPASP as the back-end system to such a persistent, omni-present distributed shopping cart on multiple affiliate sites just boggles the mind. Affiliates would only have to include some html as an include file or some javascript on every page where they wanted to display your cart and customers would never have to leave their site in order to purchase your products directly using this Distributed Dynamic Shopping Cart Widget (tm) 2009 21st Century eCommerce Systems, Inc. and (c) 2009 21st Century eCommerce Systems, Inc.

Due to its complexity and power this VPASP add-on would be priced somewhere between $50 and $100 per affiliate site (per year) depending on total affiliate counts using either a SaaS (Software as a Service) model or an ASP (Application Service Provider) model.

Let me know what the interest level is from the VPASP community.
Certainly almost every ASP or ASP.NET cart product has something version of this on the drawing boards and your competitors will all be using something like this very soon.

If your sales did not go up by 2% to 5% per affiliate I would be very surprised. 20-25 quality affiliates might produce the 40% sales growth seen by 1-800-Flowers in only one year.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - September 21 2009 :  20:44:26  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You folks have GOT to check this so-called AJAX feature out for a replacement of your standard click on the Add-to-Cart Button functionality.

It is sometimes called the AJAX "Fly-Away-Cart" or AJAX "Fly-Into-Cart" feature. We are also adding an option for the "Drag Product Image into Cart" feature as well later this week. By the time we have AJAX'ed the VPASP cart it will look and feel just like an ASP.NET Cart.

Yet another technological breakthrough and high-tech feature brought to you by the fertile, active and always busy minds at: http://www.21stCenturyeCommerce.com

Here is the fly-away into the cart feature:

http://designerstyles.biz/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=Chaps+Polo+Shirts+%28100%25+Cotton+Short+Sleeves%29

Still has a few bugs in the layouts and the Order button is yet to be modified like the Add to Cart button has already, but it will probably be good-to-go this weekend. Any takers?

And they said it couldn't be done. Got the idea from a php and MySQL shop in Europe and felt we should not be left out.

Any other ideas for slick and flashy add-ons for VPASP.com?
Just let me know.

If you build it. They will come.

Mrs. Strajiakondradialaskas certainly did not raise any fools.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  00:14:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, looks great!

Nice work.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  04:48:27  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cam,

Thanks for the kind words. It has been in the works for a while now and is just about perfected. The Order button on the Extended Description page still needs to be enabled for what some are calling the "Product Image Flying Into the Mini-Cart" feature. Thanks for pointing that out to us. It was all done using AJAX features and functions and the next thing on the drawing board might well be the "Drag and Drop Product Image" into the mini-cart and the hidden main session cart as well.

Can you think of any other nice-to-have or must-have slick, quick and fancy features as add-ons to the VPASP Cart right now? I am learning to really like these AJAX features but I can not take all the credit for putting this together. My remote team of developers made it all happen and in record time, too.

Are there any VPASP customers out there who can think of some AJAX styled features or any other features which they would like to see implemented as add-ons? Is Drag and Drop of the Product Image into the Cart of any interest?

The next project is going to be the 1-800-Flowers floating cart but if there is no interest out there from VPASP show owners in joining my Affiliates Network of web page developers who could be putting your floating mini-cart with your products onto both their websites, their blogs, their Wiki pages, their MySpace pages and their FaceBook pages as well, then I will not pursue it further with VPASP shop owners.

I have 2 prospects for the floating Affiliates Cart but they are larger regional manufacturers with their own network of retail stores each of which has their own shopping cart as well.

Thanks again for your interest.

John
[email protected]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00