Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Problems with "restore" order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sabhuku
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - August 20 2009 :  02:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "restore order" feature is very useful for our regulars who order the same items regularly. There are however issues with it which I am hoping you folks can help us with.

Here is an example. Product A cost $A. Because product A is a big item, we have to add shipping surcharges on top of the regular shipping cost. So we created a required feature for the shipping surcharges with about seven options, each feature for a different price depending on how fast the customer wants to get the product.

The customer places the initial order and everything works fine. When the customer returns, logs into their account, and "restores" the same order under Review Previous Orders, the order is restored but the shopping cart does not add the shipping surcharge to the total price. In fact, the shopping cart does not add any charges for whatever feature. I am wondering what we have to do to make sure that when an order is restored, any charges added to the order by way of features are included in the total price.

Still with the "restored" order. Another issue is that if we update the price of the product, the "base price" in the shopping cart will still reflect the old price but the "unit price" will update as expected. Is there a way of ensuring that the "base price" also gets updated automatically?

Please see the image below that illustrates my points.

http://tinyurl.com/ldpv7z

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00