Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Category Description to appear above products?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RobertIveson
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - February 13 2003 :  10:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
My client would like to be able to add her own information to a category, so basically, when the customer views the products, the category description would appear above them all. It will consist basically of a paragraph of information, followed by the product results.
I have been battling all day to produce something like this, but I'm not having much luck. I thought I could tie it in with the catImage field and display it like that, but I can't call the information to make it appear on the products screen.
If anyone knows of any straight forward way of doing this then please let me know! I'm pretty competent with VPASP - just not with ASP! ;)
Thanks for your time!

Robert

OP
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - February 18 2003 :  16:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've asked the same question on two seperate occasions with no response.

Support, please answer this question.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 18 2003 :  17:23:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We answer all questions that come to us, 7 days a week. If you have not received an answer from us, either we did not receive it or the answer bounced back when we e-mailed you the solution. We do not monitor this forum for support related questions and I only saw this by accident.

To avoid this situation please use our helpdesk at www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

We do not have the facility that you want but you are approaching it correctly. Memo fields such as catmemo (where you are getting the info) need to be the first field taken from a record set. That may be the solution to your problem. If it is not send us by e-mail you modified shopdisplayproducts.asp and we will take a look

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

Amanda
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - January 29 2004 :  12:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the answer?

Go to Top of Page

dragon_tat
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - January 29 2004 :  18:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RobertIverson,

FIRST let me say that my experience with VP-ASP support is fantastic and I appreciate their help very much. Robert, would your client feel comfortable in using the CATMEMO field to "Can" their paragrpah? If so, give me day or so and I will post some code for you.

Ian
[email protected]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00