Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 product image not showing [formatimage sub]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

printerwerx
Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - July 20 2009 :  13:07:36  Show Profile  Visit printerwerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I have done some updates to my site and when I reloaded the database (access) the images are only showing the file name and not the image itself. i checked the shopproductformart.asp as well as other pertaining files, but have not found a solution.

Has anyone encountered this and possibly have a solution?

Thanks,

Chris

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 20 2009 :  16:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I don't know what updates you have done, but have you checked that the db products table cimage field type is set for link and not text? If it's showing the string of text and not an image this could be the problem.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

printerwerx
Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - July 20 2009 :  17:22:00  Show Profile  Visit printerwerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol,

Where could I find whether it is set to url or text?

Thanks again,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 21 2009 :  04:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Chris I must have had a brain freeze yesterday. The cimageurl field should be a text field.

Does the display show an actual path with the folder and image file name, or just the the image name itself?

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

printerwerx
Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - July 21 2009 :  09:28:45  Show Profile  Visit printerwerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My apologies as well, I noticed this is a little more off the I realized.

This is exactly the problem to the letter.

The [formatimage sub] is bringing up the "cname" instead of the image on the tmp_productformat.htm page.

On the tmp_product.htm page it is not showing the image at all, even thought the image source is the [extendedimage].

I am at a complete loss, I fumbled with it some more last night but could not get the image to show on either pages.

Thanks again,

Chris

Go to Top of Page

printerwerx
Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - July 21 2009 :  10:02:25  Show Profile  Visit printerwerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also I check on the source of the image directly from the site and it shows its type as text/html. The image path is correct.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00