Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Shipping Customization by State
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

answerman
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - July 16 2009 :  15:41:35  Show Profile  Visit answerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings all... looking for someone who's comfortable with the workings of VP-ASP 6.5 to point me in the right direction.

I have a custom ASP script I wrote to assign a shipping cost to an order based on the weight of the product and the state it is being shipped to. All the variables/data is contained in the script, and it does no database lookup whatsoever. In effect, a completely different shipping module from anything included with VP-ASP... not really configurable from within the admin, but very flexible if you are comfortable working with ASP scripts (it's only about 20 lines of code).

All I'm looking for is the location I need to call this script to "hook into" the checkout process. I haven't searched through the checkout scripts and includes to find it yet (getting to that) but I was hoping that one of you experienced developers might point me in the direction of where I need to be calling this script and maybe save me a little time.

Assuming I get it working, I'm happy to share it with everyone else here, since a search shows that others have looked for something similar. Thanks in advance!

answerman
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - July 16 2009 :  16:51:57  Show Profile  Visit answerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! Actually it was easier than I thought. All I did was replace the "HandleByWeight" sub in shopshippingcalc.asp with my code, and then selected "Weight" as the shipping method. Works slick. If anyone is interested in this, I'll post the code once I clean it up.
Go to Top of Page

lochness
Starting Member

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - July 22 2009 :  06:22:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The code would be great! Please post it up!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00