Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeach
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - July 08 2009 :  13:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to help a buddy with his new web site using VP-ASP and we're stuck on how to handle the shipping. The site sells live fish along with dry good products like fish food and filters.

The fish have to ship out UPS Overnight to anywhere in the USA except Florida, he's based in FL so he only charges $10.00 for shipping inside the state with regular overnight rates to all the other states. The dry goods go out normal UPS but must be shipped separately from the live fish. Just to make sure I cover everything he also charges a handling fee to help pay for the styrofoam cooler, heat/cold packs, bags, etc...

Another issue is how many fish are ordered and what size they are, in one size box he can fit up to 24 small fish or 12 medium fish, even less with large fish but I'm not sure of the exact number. He has 2 different sized boxes.

Optimally we would like to get live quotes but I'm not sure if that's even possible with this type setup. Alternatively he'd be ok with charging a flat fee of $39.99 (plus handling) for the 24 small or 12 medium fish, $75.00 for the larger box with more fish or the large fish and regular calculated shipping on the dry goods.

I can't even figure out how to do it the alternative way, how do you tell VP-ASP to ship one type of product for a flat fee one way but differently for other items?

Any ideas on how this might be done or does it have to be customized? If it has to be custom coded who can do the work and provide quotes?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00