Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Phone orders and audit trail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - June 30 2009 :  19:19:02  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking for some guidance re: taking phone orders using VP-ASP. We currently take phone orders and process the credit cards using a virtual terminal, then enter the orders into our back end system (separate from VPASP). I'd like to be able to enter phone orders directly into VPASP so they are recorded in one place and included in our reports.

Wondering how other VPASP 6.5 users take phone orders. Do you just enter them into the online store on the customer's behalf, ie. log in as the customer? Is there any way to record who entered the order so we could keep an audit trail? Are there any add on tools for the admin area that are designed for taking phone orders?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 01 2009 :  12:33:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alex,

Not much help for you now but we are developing a phone order interface for version 700 that will allow users to have a merchant login and view an easy to use screen that uses AJAX to locate products and existing customer details.

Hopefully someone will jump in with how they do it currently.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - July 01 2009 :  12:37:26  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When are you planning to launch version 7? We're considering upgrading to a newer cart and I'd be curious to know what improvements version 7 will bring.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 01 2009 :  12:44:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alex,

We are still in development of 700 but I can say it is a big leap from 650 in regards to features. While we do not have a fixed date as yet it should be in the next 2 months.

We are making use of AJAX in many of the new options and will also be going pure CSS for the front end as well.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP SUpport
Go to Top of Page

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - July 02 2009 :  14:27:44  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cam, is there any way we could get into a beta program for version 7.00? We are seriously considering moving to a more robust cart platform, but I'd like to see what the next rev of VP-ASP can do before we make a switch. If not a beta, then could you share a more detailed list of the planned changes and improvements?

Thanks,

Alex
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 03 2009 :  10:12:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alex,

There will be a beta program for 700.

If you get in touch with us through the helpdesk we can look up your account and see if you are eligible to join.

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00