Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Canadian GST and PST
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - June 19 2009 :  13:47:10  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VP-ASP supports tax calculation of any type for any country. VP-ASP has all the following built in as simple configuration options: this is from the vpasp website.

I have yet to find the setup for Canadian taxes.
Invoices or sales receipts in canada have to show the GST as GST PSt as PST and HST as HST and not simply the word TAX ..... also the merchants GST registration number has to show up on the invoice which it doesn't and i can't find anywhere to enter this.
If the fields in the administration are editable to reflect true Canadian tax rules i would like to know where they are. If anybody has any suggestions.
I also haven't found anywhere how i can make it so a person who logs on as a retailer is exempt from PST but not GST there is a field called tax exempt but that would probably exempt them from all taxes.... A customer who is tax exempt from PST still has to pay the GST unless the item is shipped to a destination outside of Canada and then the Item is not tax exempt but it is as Revenue Canada calls it Zero Rated. This does mean there is no GST charged but it is not called tax exempt. Dumb rule of Revenue Canada but a rule none the less.
A business who sells for less than 30.000,00 (non GST registrant) yearly does not have to charge GST on any sales but still charge PST except in Quebec where there would be no tax at all on that sale. and I see no option for this in vpasp.

As a GST registrant there are cases where some items are GST exempt, Zero rated
In Quebec there would be the (item price plus GST) times 7.5% QST

If HST is charged the invoice should reflect this and say HST and not GST,PST or just the word tax. Same applies to QST or any other tax.
A tax exempt item would be a legal or financial service
A zero rated item would be medical supplies or items shipped out of the country.
When exporting goods outside of Canada there is a distinct difference between Zero rated and tax exempt.
I see a field in the administration that is called statetaxrate and statecanadapst , I have never heard of these taxes and as far as I know we have these taxes in Canada GST, PST, HST, QST
I could go on and on but it seems to me that if vpasp claims to support the canadian tax systems there would be something in the manual about this.
So there is quite a variety of cases where there is a combination of taxes to be charged or not charged and they all have different names.
Is there a solution to this ? There is an add on for canadian taxes but that doesn't take care of this.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00